As we have a tendency to thirstily wait the seventh free running event, let’s take a glance back at the simplest moments witnessed to this point at Red Bull Art of Motion in Santorini.
In 2011, Red Bull Art of Motion rocked up in numerous countries, visiting Republic of Austria, uk, Japan, Brazil et al – additionally stopping in Santorini, Greece. first freerunners acquired the island, and Pavel ‘Pasha’ Petkuns from Baltic Republic won the primary Red Bull Art of Motion that occurred in Santorini.
1. Pavel Petkuns (LAT) 485 points
2. Yoann Leroux (FRA) 479 points
3. Gaetan Bouillet (BEL) 473 points
Santorini was chosen because the high freerunning destination and from then on, it remained in Balkan state. only one competition occurred that year round the world, that saw Petkuns winning for the second time during a row.
1. Pavel Petkuns (LAT) 455 points
2. Marcus Gustafsson (SWE) 436 points
3. Jason Paul (GER) 434 points
The Santorini event was established currently because the high freerunning event within the world. Petkuns was cutthat year and therefore the yankee outsider Cory DeMeyers – UN agency qualified at the instant through the Onsite Qualifier – took advantage and therefore the title. For the primary time we have a tendency to saw 2 Greek participants, Daniel Mircea and Dimitris ‘DK’ Kyrsanidis with DK simply missing out on the ultimate, despite impressing.
1. Cory DeMeyers (USA) 449 points
2. Alexander Baiturin (RUS) 447 points
3. Jesse La aptitude (USA) 443 points
The competition’s format modified. it had been currently stuffed with a lot of energy, excitement and challenges for the freerunners. Kyrsanidis created a shocking performance and took his initial win, prior to Petkuns in second place and in third the Russian, Alexander Baiturin.
1. Dimitris Kyrsanidis (GRE) 494 points
2. Pavel Petkuns (LAT) 484 points
3. Alexander Baiturin (RUS) 465 points
Kyrsanidis stepped onto the podium’s high step for the second time, confirming that his triumph the previous year was no happening. In 2015 the competition affected from Firostefani to Oia, with the world-famous sunset simply a backflip away.
1. Dimitris Kyrsanidis (GRE) 467 points
2. Pavel Petkuns (LAT) 436 points
3. Jesse Peveril (CAN) 422 points
Dutch freerunner Baronet wander Linden causes associate degree upset by defeating the favourites – wander winners Kyrsanidis and Petkuns, UN agency each fail to create the ultimate.
1. Baronet van der Linden (NED) 383 points
2. king Scott (USA) 379 points
3. Joey Adrian (USA) 376 points